Halloween craft time doesn’t have to be scary or elaborate. Enjoy a free printable and make a useful bookmark for fall.
Tired of the mess that comes with craft time? Look no further!
These free printables can be a lifesaver when the preschooler needs to be occupied for a few minutes.
They are simple, functional, and are lovely for preschoolers!
Why Making Bookmark Crafts is So Great for Preschoolers
Coloring in and decorating Halloween craft bookmarks may seem a bit simple, but they are an excellent way for preschoolers to work on critical skills.
Learning to hold a page while coloring or writing is a skill that comes with practice.
Not only do these bookmarks help with that, but they help with coloring practice, too.
By no means is it expected that preschoolers color in the lines.
But by giving preschoolers the opportunity to color something, they get to see the visual representation of things they are familiar with.
This article may contain affiliate links to products that may help you when homeschooling preschool.
Preschoolers work on decision-making skills when choosing what color to use and where.
More creativity and design skills come into play when choosing if they want to put a backing page or tassel on the bookmarks.
Bookmarks are something that preschoolers can make that are useful to many people.
Knowing that his hard work is being used and enjoyed by people, the sense of pride and joy these bookmarks will give your preschooler will be amazing.
Ideas for Materials to Decorate It
- coloring tools (crayons, markers, colored pencils)
- construction paper (to use as a background)
- ribbon for a tassel
- glitter (but only use if laminating to prevent it from rubbing off inside of books)
How to Make It
1. Print off the freebie Halloween craft bookmark template below (or sign up to unlock it if you’re not already a freebies member). Using cardstock is ideal for making the bookmark more sturdy.
2. Set out different coloring tools and allow your preschooler to color the bookmarks.
3. Cut out the Halloween craft bookmarks.
This is done after the coloring stage to help prevent crayon marks from being all over the kitchen table 😉
If you are doing this with more than one kid, you may need to cut out the bookmarks first.
4. If putting a backing onto the bookmark, cut a rectangle slightly bigger than the bookmarks. Glue the bookmarks to the paper.
5. Give stickers and other decorating items to your preschooler and let him finish decorating both the bookmarks’ front and back.
6. If laminating the bookmark, do so now.
7. Use a hole punch to make a hole and add a tassel, if desired.
More Halloween Fun
From Our Other Sites
Bring the joy of Autumn into your home with this simple Halloween bookmark.
Once you and your preschooler are done decorating your bookmarks, there are plenty more Halloween craft ideas to try out.