BLAST OFF! Excitement will be out of this world when you set out this easy rocket activity for your kids to do.
Crafts for Preschoolers
Preschoolers can learn many things while doing a craft. Fine motor skills are being strengthened by coloring, cutting, and gluing, which will help your preschooler when it comes time to write, tie his shoe, and zip his coat.
Finishing the rocket craft gives kids a sense of accomplishment. This builds their confidence and helps them to learn to take pride in what they do.
Mistakes happen while doing crafts. Whether the red wasn’t the ‘right’ shade of red or the glue got all over, these mistakes help kids learn to overcome when things don’t go as they planned. It helps them develop a growth mindset!
Decision-making skills are used. Kids need to decide what color and pattern to make on their rockets. When decisions are made over and over, the decision-making skills are strengthened.
Imagination and creativity are fostered in this rocket activity. When this activity is completed, your kids then use the rocket and their imagination to soar to anywhere their hearts desire. In fact, Week 35 of our preschool lesson plans is all about space. Your kids can learn about space and then imagine soaring to different places in space with their rockets.
How To Make The Rocket Craft
You will need:
- carboard tube (toilet paper or paper towel tube)
- glue stick
- printable (found in the freebie library— sign up here )
- Gather your supplies.
- Download and print the printable ROCKET CRAFT TEMPLATE from the freebie library. Use cardstock to make the rocket more durable.
- Color the rocket. If you have kids that are reluctant to color, try coloring the rocket with them or have them decorate it another way– like putting stickers on it.
- Help your kids cut out the rocket. Depending on the skills of your kids, you may want to cut out the rocket for them.
- Cut down your tube to the length of the rocket.
- Have your kids place a line of glue from the top of the tube down to the bottom of the tube.
- Place the rocket on the glue that was put on the tube. Push down to help the glue adhere.
- Use your imagination and launch the rocket!
Crafting is a great way for your kids to strengthen many skills while having fun. Enjoy watching your kids learn and grow while doing this rocket activity.